Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Gift Bags

In my last post I talked about the crafts that my art class made. Those crafts were given to people in a local convalescent home who could not spend the holidays with their family. After the crafts were dry, I put them in brown paper bags that I decorated. Each bag contained a Christmas tree ornament, a gingerbread man ornament, a holiday wreath ornament, and a holiday flip-book (see last post for instructions on how to make the crafts). The gingerbread men ornaments were an old project I had from Oriental Trading Company. I used stickers to decorate the bags and foam snowflakes and gingerbread men as gift tags ($1 for ten snowflakes or gingerbread men at Target). I taped the bags shut and punched a hole into both the bag and the tag then tied the two together using yarn. I am so proud of the kids. They did a great job and the convalescent home is extremely appreciative of the gift packages. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holidays!






No comments:

Post a Comment